TIPS to use the blog

1) I have tried to make the blog as comprehensive as possible.

2) If you have any query, use the search box. You might find answers from the earlier posts not displayed on the screen.

3) In case you are planning to appear for CET next year, add the blog to Favourites.

4) If you have any suggestions for me to improve the blog, kindly suggest the same by posting comments on the blog.

To search your CET queries type in the text box below

Custom Search

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

How I cracked CET 2009...How was Mission JBIMS accomplished...

Practice makes man perfect. I have experienced this adage to come true in my CET 2009 experience. Before CET 2009, my previous two CETs fetched me 99.57%tile and 98.43%tile. But in the earlier CETs I didnt practise much.

Turning Point:- I spoke to 99.99%tiler Puneet Tulsyan, about how he did he go about hs preparations to get such a score. And he told me that he solved around 60+ mock papers and attempted 200 questions.

How did it pan out for me.

1) Starting from Jan, I used to solve atleast 1 paper each day.

2)I joined a test series. I also got mock papers from other coaching classes. I used to sit 2 and 1/2 hour on a stretc to solve each paper.

3) After solving each paper, I used to analyse my performance and find out any weaknesses in me. Then I used to separately work on those weaknesses to improve upon them.

4) By the time CET happened, I had solved around 50 mock papers in all.

5) In CET attmepting 190+ questions is of utmost importance to make it to JBIMS. So speed is as important as accuracy. I attempted 195 questions in CET 2009.

Advice to CET aspirants

1) CET questions are pretty simple. The only thing is that you must be quick on your feet to solve those.

2) There is no one strategy to crack CET. Solve atleast 50 + mocks and make your own strategy.

3) In the end if you can attempt 190+ questions, there is no need for a strategy...:)

4) Remember one thing, only JBIMS is A+ grade in CET and the rest all are B-C grade colleges. So aim no less than JBIMS.

All the best to all. I hope my post will help you guys. As soon as I get time, I shall add the tricks on this blog.

6 comments:

rvgrocker said...

this is a very useful blog.....keep up the good work.looking forward to more useful posts.
cheers

D said...

Hey Dude

First of all congrats on ur CET score.. U rock.. Can you help me get mock CET papers? i am based out of chennai and I am not able to find the papers here in Chennai. Can you please guide me?

Thanks,
Deepak

Voices within me said...

Hi

Congratulations!!
and thanks for starting this blog for benefit of others... i scored 98.22%ile this cet.. so will need loads of tips from you.. hope can make it this time.. and also hope u get time to write posts :)

Thanks

Unknown said...

Can you scan the mock papers you got from other coaching classes like IMS, career launcher? would really appreciate

vikrant rai said...

hey buddy congrats on ur score pls advice me hw many mocks should i solve 2 get in2 jbims

Unknown said...

Thanks for the advice..really helpful.

Search your CET queries by typing in the text box below

Custom Search